As a member of the SCVMA Family, you join the largest regional professional veterinary association in the country. For over 100 years, the SCVMA has provided advocacy, education, and expertise to the veterinary profession and to the animals of Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Our members include veterinarians, veterinary hospital team members (para-professionals), and supporters from Allied Industries who are dedicated to the advancement of the association and animal health. Here are some of the many reasons to join the SCVMA:
- Collegiality - the veterinary profession is a small profession compared to other professions. The SCVMA provides venues and resources for you to network and commiserate about the day to day issues of being a veterinarian.
- Continuing Education - each month there are RACE- approved CE meetings throughout the area. It is possible to meet your state requirements for CE without ever leaving LA or OC.
- Representation - through our legislative advocate, the SCVMA is in touch with local governments in both counties. We actively seek to be at the table for open discussions on issues relating to the profession and small business.
- Resources - the SCVMA website and the Pulse magazine provide information and resources on what is going on in the SCVMA as well as professional articles on clinical and business based topics.
In addition, the association offers a number of member benefits through our AFFINITY PARTNERS. These are companies or businesses that support the veterinary profession and veterinary hospitals via the services or products that they offer. Either through convenience or cost savings, these companies make running your life or your veterinary hospital a little bit easier.
Member Benefits include:
- Direct Connect Merchant Services aka MONA Solutions
- Demand Force
- SCVMA On Line Education Portal (World Continuing Education Alliance)
- Appolo Printing - approved Rx pad provider
- Background Checks by FRASCO profiles and Employer Choice Online
- MWS - Medical Waste
- Rethink Veterinary Loyalty Program
- Tredway, Lumsdaine, & Doyle Attorneys
- Gatto McFerson CPA
- Crux Wealth Advisors-Travis Alexander
- HR Network
- Pacific Advisors-Dean Walsh
- New and Recent Grads - Attorney Services by Philip Homsey, Esq. and Stuart Yasgoor, Esq.
- Tax Returns and Contract Reviews for New or Recent Graduates
- Diversified Veterinary Management
Additional information on these member benefits, and how they can benefit you, is available on the membership side of the website.
Fill out our online application to Join the SCVMA now.